This week on Free Markets, Green Earth, Nicky P. and the Liberty Hippie decide to talk about the mountains. They examine the biggest mountain in the world, and talk about the all the death and litter the media is constantly reporting on, before they examine and wonder what it might look like should a private entity purchase the mountain. Of course a discussion of government ownership of land wouldn’t be complete without some talk about unintended consequences, and the insulation from damages the government provides itself. Check out the links and the mess of pictures.
- Mount Everest has gotten so crowded that climbers are perishing in the traffic jams
- Human traffic jam atop Mount Everest’s “death zone”
- How much rubbish is really on Everest and what are we doing about it?
- World’s highest dump? Mount Everest is covered in tons of trash and dead bodies
- British climber dies on Mount Everest death toll reaches 10
If you enjoyed the show, you can find it on Facebook, give it a like and a share, or even a review on iTunes. And if you’re so inclined, you can always use the gmail to make your feelings heard:
FreeMarketsGreenEarth@gmail.com. You can also check out Ben and Nicky on their own shows, Homesteads and Homeschools and Sounds Like Liberty, respectively.