If you thought planning government and economics was impossible, try planning nature… We all know nature can be a chaotic beast paying no heed to the whims of humans, but what happens when humans try to lay out a plan for mother nature? What happens when those plans are made by governments? What happens to the recourse of individuals who own private property that fall within the boundaries of these government made nature-plans? Check out episode 14 when the Liberty Hippies talk about the International Joint Commission, and their plan for the St. Lawrence Seaway.
- Lake Ontario-St Lawrence River Plan 2014
- It’s happened before: The long history of flooding on Lake Ontario
- Record water levels threaten $50M-per-day St. Lawrence Seaway shipping biz
- New Report Confirms 2017 Floods on Lake Ontario-St. Lawrence River Caused by Extreme Weather
- Is Plan 2014 really the culprit behind Lake Ontario’s high water levels?
- Canadian IJC head defends agency amid flooding – and criticism
If you enjoyed the show, you can find it on Facebook, give it a like and a share, or even a review on iTunes. And if you’re so inclined, you can always use the gmail to make your feelings heard:
FreeMarketsGreenEarth@gmail.com. You can also support out Ben and Nicky through their own shows, Homesteads and Homeschools and Sounds Like Liberty, respectively.